A tax is imposed on the severance and production of coal, oil or gas from the earth or water in Kansas for sale, transport, storage, profit or commercial use. Exemptions from the tax are provided for specific circumstances.
SOLAR changing to KOLAR
The name of the SOLAR site will be changing to KOLAR (Kansas Online Automated Reporting). This will be a gradual change so there will be a period of time when both names will be seen on the SOLAR site, in SOLAR communications and also on the KCC site.
Links to Mineral Information:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Electronic Services for Mineral - Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- Notice 14-12 - Mineral Severance Tax Return Due Date - revokes prior Notice 12-16
- Notice 12-16: Mineral Severance Tax Return Due Dates
- Notice 12-02: Mineral Severance Tax
- Notice 00-00: Increase in the Oil and Gas Conservation Fees
- Severance Tax Incentives Update
- Penalty and Interest